What Is Elder Law?
What is Elder Law? Elder Law is an emerging field, as the result of the fact that people are living longer lives. This type of law focuses upon specific issues facing seniors. The practice of Elder Law includes, but is not limited to, the following issues:
- Preparing estate planning documents (Last Will & Testament, Powers of Attorney, Trusts, etc.);
- Capacity Issues; Guardianship and/or alternatives to Guardianship;
- Elder abuse and neglect /Adult Protective Services;
- Medicare and Medicaid matters;
- Long-term care matters;
- Nursing Home issues;
- Health Care and End-of-Life decisions; and
- Grandparent rights.
If you have questions about an Elder Law matter, call our office today to make an appointment.